Monday, February 14, 2011

Re-design!

Of course, when I should be studying for a math quiz, I decided to re-design my blog. Whatever.

I thought that the new title deserved some explaining, since I didn't start this blog to be a weight-loss blog, though that's exactly where it's ended up taking me.

Before I moved to college, I came up for a weekend camp, during which I was told that the food here was so good, people didn't gain the 'freshman fifteen,' they gained the 'freshman fifty.' I made up my mind at that point that I was NOT going to gain another fifty pounds this year (due to underlying health issues, I had during a very short time my senior year.) The day before I moved, I made a promise to myself in a conversation with my mother. I said that I was not going to gain fifteen pounds, fifty pounds, or anything of the sort. Instead, I vowed to lose fifty pounds over the course of this year, and then write a book about it (that's such a running theme in my life.)

I may have gotten a bit of a late start, and I may have just recently gotten into high-gear, but I believe that I can do it. I have until May 7th to reach 178.4lbs, and I feel like that's quite a reasonable amount of time, as long as I stay completely on track. I mean, if I don't lose quite that much then I'm definitely not going to be bummed; anything at this point is good. But still, it's nice to have that goal set, and that's the only date that I'm going to set for myself. The rest of it can just come off naturally, but I'd like to have lost fifty pounds by the time I move home for summer vacation.

Also, one other thing I'd like to point out: I fixed the sizing on my progress pictures, and they're now under a specific page, located up there (^^), along with a goals/rewards page. I really had a lot of fun sitting down and planning specific goals, and (even though it's not set yet), once I reach my ultimate goal weight, I have the biggest reward planned; something that I've wanted to do all my life. You'll have to check it out if you want to see though!!

Kay, that's all I have for now. (:

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment