Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cause for Celebration

I have many reasons to celebrate right now:

1. I think I'm almost over the sickness; all that's left is a runny nose and a cough. The fever started Tuesday and ended with a bang sometime late Thursday night/early Friday morning. All I know is that I woke up in my Mommy's bed (I was sick and needed to be taken care of like a toddler, apparently) completely drenched in sweat. Evidently it took leggings, pj pants, a t-shirt, sweatshirt, slippers, and three blankets to finally break my fever, but whatever works.

2. I got a super cute new pair of boots today that I'm absolutely in love with.

3. I got a zebra pillow pet from my parents. This made the day wonderful in and of itself because the zebra is apparently the rarest of all pillow pets...so much so that he was selling for almost a hundred dollars on ebay around Christmas. Somehow, with a magnificent stroke of luck, my mother found him at a Justice store three weeks ago when there were only two left from a shipment that had arrived an hour prior. I am in love.

4. I can almost (ALMOST!) fit into a pair of black skinny jeans that I got for Christmas last year (2009) and refused to take back because I knew that one day, I'd fit into them. That day is almost here! I can get them completely on, which is already more than I could do when I received them, and they button. But the problem is that they're still snug and my belly sort of filters out the top of them. Regardless, I'd say another ten pounds and they'll fit more comfortable, and another twenty will get rid of some of the belly spillage.

5. (This is the big one!) I weighed in today, and I lost a total of 4.2 pounds last week! Granted a majority of this loss probably came from my sheer lack of eating adequately Wed-Fri because of my illness, but still; I'd like to think that the careful tracking that I did when I was eating had a lot to do with it as well. I really worked hard at considering and controlling what I was eating, and even though some meals were too small or even didn't exist, I feel overall accomplished about this week's progress. This loss gives me a total of 12.4 pounds, putting me beyond my first goal weight and quickly on track to losing 10%!!! Here's to hoping that I can do it with more ease, now that I know just how good tracking does!!!

That's it, really. I've also added some progress pictures to the right side bar, but they're abnormally large right now and I don't have sleep time to waste on fixing them, so I'll do that soon. I'm kind of upset that I didn't smile in my pictures from today, but I'll just remember to do it next time!!!!

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment