Monday, February 7, 2011

Feelin' Good

I was actually going to blog last week, because I went to the gym on Thursday and spent 30 minutes on the elliptical, but I ran out of time and then didn't actually feel too great about my over-all performance the rest of the week.

I'd like to take this time to interject something: this is slowly turning into a blog in which I discuss only my weight-loss. I'm kind of okay with it, because it helps me out a lot...I hope you're okay with it too.

Anyways, after my class on Thursday I met Hannah at the gym and we worked out; I was beyond proud of myself and decided that I needed to start doing it more often. It hasn't happened since then, but my intentions are still the same and I fully intend to get back there more than once this week, plus take advantage of my mother's Planet Fitness membership when I go home this weekend. I wish I could make up a reason as to why I didn't go to the gym on Friday, because I completely planned to, but the truth is simply that I didn't want to go outside. Saturday some of my family came up and we walked campus all day, so I'll count that as a workout, and yesterday I took a nap (my cousin was sick during their visit and was awake at short intervals throughout the night, therein keeping me awake as well), went shopping, and then watched the Super Bowl with my roommates. The good thing about yesterday: I bought yoga pants while shopping, so like I said, good intentions.

I texted Hannah last night and told her to meet me at the gym today, but when I woke up this morning, I felt terrible. Not sick, persay, but just all around gross....tired and achy, so I told her we'd have to postpone until later this week. Besides, I have a math exam tomorrow that I really need to study for.

However, I still feel really good as far as my mindset goes. At weigh-in on Saturday morning, I gained 1.4 lbs. I was discouraged at first, but I also knew that it wasn't going to be pretty, for a number of reasons (the biggest of which being that I was in a foul mood all week and ate whatever I felt like). Instead of letting the number get me down though, I decided that I needed to use it as motivation to do ten times better this week (not to mention that this was the theme of the meeting as well).

So far, so good though. I've written down everything that I've eaten/am going to be eating today, and I managed to have quite a bit of food and hit my PointsPlus target exactly. The beautiful thing about Weight Watchers is that I can really stock up on fruits and veggies and they don't cost me any points. Already today, I've had a banana, a pear, lettuce and tomato on my sandwich, and two pickle spears, none of which went against my target.

To get an idea of just how much I'm eating today, here's a rundown:

Breakfast:
1/2 whole grain english muffin, toasted
1 banana
1tbsp Nutella spread
1 cup skim milk

Lunch:
Turkey wrap: flour tortilla, 3 slices of deli turkey, 1 slice of American cheese, lettuce, 3 slices of tomato, and light mayo
2 dill pickle spears
1 small pear
100 Calorie Oreo Cakesters (for dessert and my never-ending sweet tooth)

Afternoon Snack:
Weight Watchers Coffee Cake (like I said...major sweet tooth.

And then, even though I haven't gone yet, here's what I'm planning on having for dinner:

Beef & Vegetable Stir fry
Meatless Potato soup
1 slice wheat bread
1 cup skim milk
Vanilla-Raspberry Parfait (I figure if I have something small and sweet then I won't crave later)

My evening snacks are planned to be:
1 orange
1 single-serve bag of light butter-flavored popcorn

All of this totals out to 36 PointsPlus, which is exactly on target and I couldn't be more excited.


I'm anxious to see how the numbers look at the end of this week!
-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment