Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is an update.

Do you see what I mean about how terribly I'd fail as soon as I got back to school? I knew it would happen.

So much has transpired since I got back, but of the things that pertain to my blog: I missed a weigh-in and then was shocked when I finally went....and I'm getting so comfortable (at least for myself) around a very particular male.

Firstly, the weigh-in:
College is the enemy. More specifically, college food is the enemy. It's not that I've done absolutely terrible (we'll get to that in a second), but when you have two meals a day with only a few options and 200 dollars to spend at the campus convenience stores/coffee shop, it's kind of difficult not to fall victim. However, I'm not going to beat myself up over it, because at weigh-in last week the meeting leader stressed that it's perfectly fine to eat something if you want it because deprivation only makes the craving worse, and then, binge eating happens. I've had bosco sticks, spaghetti o's, ice cream, a cupcake, a white mocha, and candy bars; but I'm not ashamed of it. I've also had lots of fruits and vegetables, healthy grains, and I've been drinking water like I'm a fish. In the end, I really feel like I'm going to be okay. If I went through and ate like a rabbit, I might lose weight quickly, but I'd be miserable. I'd much rather do it slowly and enjoy the journey than to do the same thing that I've done every other time that I've not succeeded.

When I went to weigh-in last week, I was terrified. Being back at school and eating things that I wasn't used to for a month seemed like the worst idea ever. Add to that the fact that I'd skipped the previous week's meeting, and I was expecting the worst. However, when I stepped on the scale, I was pleasantly surpirsed. In the two weeks since I'd been back at school, I'd lost exactly three pounds! If you're paying attention at all to my weight record over there -->, you'd know that three pounds over two weeks is really unusual for me. Needless to say, I was thrilled. This week probably won't be anywhere near the same, but I'm trying to stay optimistic; I've lost almost ten pounds and 5% of my bodyweight, so I feel that I'm in my rights to be excited.

Now, on to the second issue that I brought up with my very first post but have yet to address again:
Things are going absolutely swimmingly. He's spent so much time in my room since the semester started, and my roommates are all super sure that he's feeling it too. We were supposed to go to the basketball game tonight, but he has a meeting and so he backed out. Buuuut, he told me that I looked cute, so the renig is slightly acceptable. It has also been confirmed that he's supersuper into his faith/belief in God/going to church/etc, and he has a bracelet proclaiming his sexual purity. This is exactly the kind of boy that I could take home to my parents.

However, my computer is on the verge of battery death, so I (unfortunately) have to cut this short. I'm going to try to be better at updating, but you'll have to forgive me if I slack a bit; things with school this semester are super hectic.

-Brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment