Sunday, January 2, 2011

Motivation and Satisfaction Ramblings

If you're taking note, this is the second consecutive blog entry of 2011. Not that this is a record or anything, but still.

In continuing with my "things I need to work on" 2011 edition, I would like to focus this post on the first of the two topics. If you haven't noticed, there is now a weight record on the right sidebar(over there-->). Now, I never intended for this to be a diet blog, but having seen the same thing on other blogs, I realized how ballsy it is to actually put that out there. Since it automatically seemed like something I would never do, I knew that I needed to.

In my HON100 class last semester, we were taught to focus on pushing ourselves to do things that we didn't think we could or that seemed out of the ordinary for us. Quite clearly, this lesson impacted me, because here I am a month later with a weight loss log posted on my blog for goodness knows who to see.

My reasoning behind this, however, is actually more based on motivating myself than following a lesson that I learned in school. I figure that if I put it out there and I'm uncomfortable with the numbers that my readers (if I even have any, which I certainly hope I do) see, then I need to work that much harder to make them go down. As I sat here tonight going through my printed log, I realized that I'm not actually that far from my first goal, but every time I take a step forward, I take a leap back. I'm never going to reach my goal that way, so I recognize that there are major things that I need to do to help myself.

This starts in the morning at precisely 7:00 am. I'm getting up and stretching myself out, walking on the Gazelle for ten minutes, then doing at least a half hour of Kinect Sports or Dance, ten more minutes on the Gazelle, and then more stretches.

I always tell myself that I need to start working out, and even when I had my gym membership last year, I somehow ended up with more excuses as to why I couldn't exercise than I'd ever think possible. For this reason, my motivation is that I can't read Dear John tomorrow unless I work out first. I'm sure that in time, I'll need more motivators, but for now I'll see how this works.

It's time to be happy and satisfied, dear readers. Along with being beautiful, remember that you are capable of achieving absolutely anything that you want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment