Friday, May 27, 2011

On a Roll

Today, my WW monthly pass for the month of May expired. I didn't re-up because it costs a lot more for the membership at home than it does at school, and I was going to have to start over with my etools subscription. Instead, I got up this morning, went to weigh in one last time, and then changed my membership from a monthly to online only for the summer. I'm sure that this is going to be a challenge, not having to go every week and weigh in, but it's only for the next 2.5 months, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to manage it and hold myself more accountable for what I'm doing, since it's all on my own now.

After I weighed in, I decided to finally purchase a copy of the "Just 5" cookbook, which is a WW produced cookbook that has all sorts of recipes that are made with five (or less) ingredients. The best thing is that it includes the PointsPlus values for all of the foods so there's no extra calculating. I plan to use it quite a bit this summer, as well as once I get back to school for the days when we feel like having roommate dinners.

I also bought a box of snack bars, in the "Chewy Chocolate Caramel" flavor. To me, they taste almost like a Milky Way, so I can sort of trick myself into thinking that I'm eating a candy bar, when I'm really eating a healthy snack that only costs me 2 PointsPlus.

Now, on to the weigh-in. All I needed to do in order to hit a 10% weight loss this week was to lose 0.6lbs. I've been really busy at work and missed lunch a few days, but I was never entirely hungry, other than Monday, when I ate an early breakfast and spent all day trying to (finally) unpack from college and then had a relatively late dinner. Other than that though, I was pretty satisfied with breakfast, a snack before work, one after work, and then dinner. I need to figure out a better plan though.

For now though, I weighed in this week at a very exciting 202.6lbs, which is a 3.6lb loss since last week, which puts me over 10% and only about 5lbs away from having lost 30lbs! I'm ecstatic!

Expect pictures for CERTAIN within the week!

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment