Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The List

It seems to me that the times during which I am the busiest are the times that I explore and dream more about my weight loss. However, I don't actively take the steps because I know in my mind that I'm paying more per credit hour than I am to weigh in every week and that I can pick up the pace and work extra hard this summer. Ultimately, I know that's not the ideal situation, but my education is far more important and expensive, so it comes first.

This week, I've stumbled across a lot more quality weight loss blogs, including Jack Sh*t, who I find to be quite unconventional, but absolutely effective. One of the things about Jack's blog that I thoroughly enjoyed was W.I.D.T.H. It really is a great concept, and I immediately started thinking. Of all the reasons that I have given myself about why I'm willingly embarking on this journey, what is the one that reigns supreme over all the others? I honestly don't know, but I managed to come up with ten that stuck out to me. I decided to make a list and think about the reasons over the next ten days, hopefully coming out with one (maybe two) that are the ultimate reasons Why I Do This Here. When I figure it out, I'm going to submit it to Jack Sh*t, and also post it here. In the meantime, here are my top ten W.I.D.T.H's, in no particular order:

1. Because I want to look good during halftime!
2. Because I want to be confident when I meet my future husband.
3. Because I don't want Diabetes, Cancer, or Heart Disease.
4. Because if I don't, PCOS will ruin me & I may never have children.
5. Because one day, I want to live near a beach.
6. To prove to myself that I CAN!
7. To prove everyone else wrong.
8. Because I want every guy that's ever rejected me based on my weight to regret it.
9. Because college only happens once, and it's a time for pictures.
10. Because sometimes, I wonder if I actually have two thighs.

Obviously not all of those reasons are major driving forces behind why I'm doing what I'm doing, but they are important. My goal over the next ten days is to figure out the most important. Expect blogs.

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment