Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back on Track

I'm so utterly disgusted with the fact that I haven't updated since March 1st. School has been a never-ending dumping of work, and during Spring Break, I was doing more homework and looking for summer jobs, so I didn't manage to find time even then.

Even in my absence, I've managed to keep my weight tracker updated, so that's one positive thing.

Other (non-weight loss related) news is that I have a job interview for a desk receptionist position for next year in the residence hall that I'm living in. It pays minimum wage and only averages about 15 hours a week, but I'm completely content with that because it's basically the easiest on-campus job that I could find.

Now, as far as my weight loss goes: I haven't necessarily been as strict as I know that I should be. I like to chock it up to school and being overly busy, but I know that I could make the time for it if I really tried. I did pretty well at the start of Spring Break, but by the end of it I'd gained 3.2 pounds and was feeling miserable. A good portion of that gain was due to TOM, and 2.6 of it came off last week, but I know that I could also combat the rest of it if I just got back down to business.

I've done better this week, eating salad for the first time in months and trying to keep myself from getting a stomach ache from it (for whatever reason, salad and mass amounts of bread do not agree with my medication...I still have yet to figure out why this happens.) In addition to the salad, I've had better breakfasts and I worked out yesterday (I would have today as well, but it started to blizzard and I was on my bike, so I needed to get back to my dorm before it got too bad.) Still, I ride my bike almost everywhere now, so it's not like I'm just not getting any physical activity at all.

I'm really kind of nervous about this week's weigh-in, but in a good way. I really just want to get back to the mindset that I was in a few weeks ago, when I was working out and the weight was coming off somewhat easily. I know that with the semester coming to an end, things are going to get pretty hectic, but my goal is to keep up with my tracking/exercise/eating and also with my blog updates. Just six more weeks and it's summer for me!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment